Signature Line in Your E-Mail
To follow up on Cathy Bryant’s guest post about ways to drive traffic to your blog, I thought I would expound upon the tips I have already incorporated.This first tip I followed is also the easiest. If you’re not already doing thi already, you need to set it up. Even if you’re not very computer savvy, this should take no longer than fifteen minutes at most. While each e-mail provider does this a little differently, I’m hoping that the steps for Yahoo Mail are generic enough that you will be able to figure out the specific steps for your own e-mail provider.
1) Open your e-mail account.
2) In the upper right corner, locate and click on the word "Options."
3) Click on "Mail Options."
4) From the list on the right-hand side, click on "Signature."
5) Type in your name (put it in whichever font you would like by highlighting it and choosing a font from the options in the bar on top of the box).
6) Under you name, type in the name of your blog or website.
7) In a separate window, go to your blog/website. Do not close out the window you are currently in.
8) Highlight and copy the URL address in the navigation bar at the top of the screen (make sure to include the "http://"), right-click the mouse, and click on "Copy."
9) Return to the window where you are creating your signature.
10) Highlight the name of your blog/website.
11) In the bar above the signature box, click on the icon of a globe (indicates hyperlink) with a few chain links in front of it.
12) In the box that pops up, highlight whatever is already there (it may be highlighted already) and paste the URL address into the box (right-click on the mouse, then click on "Paste").
13) Close the hyperlink box.
14 ) If you have another blog or website that you want to mention, repeat steps 6-13 for each additional link you want to create.
15) Mark that you want this signature to show up on every e-mail you write.
16) Save the signature.
Voila! Now your blog/website information will automatically show up at the end of every e-mail you type. You won’t even have to think about it, but you will be telling every person you e-mail about your blog/website and offer them a link to follow.
I just love easy and automatic!