Monday, January 1, 2007

HOW WRITE THIS WAY CAME INTO BEING

When I started writing fiction, I was so green that I was beyond clueless. Thankfully, many, many people have helped me throughout my writing journey. I would not be where I am today without their assistance, guidance, patience, and encouragement.  

Once I got a fairly good handle on how to put together and shape up a novel and gained more experience in critiquing others' work, I noticed that I wasn't the only one who had problems with certain issues. As a matter of fact, I noticed that particular mistakes regularly cropped up in the writing of new authors. I knew from experience that they are easily fixable if a person knows what to look for, and I was eager to share the lessons I'd learned, so I wrote the first of many Top 10 articles: Top 10 Mistakes New Fiction Writers Make.

Eventually, I wrote more than ten Top 10 series (and it's still expanding), with more than one hundred articles. While the articles themselves are full of easy-to-understand information, they were no longer easy to find. This realization birthed the idea of Write This Way: Take Your Writing to a New Level. It would be an easy-to-use resource and guide so authors could have all of the writing tips from my blog at their fingertips when they need it: as they write and revise.

It is my hope and desire that authors will grow and learn from the advice they find in Write This Way: Take Your Writing to a New Level, and that they too will make their way to publication.

No comments: